• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 Stakes for M101A2?

Tarfu43

I recently purchased a decent M101A2 trailer, and would like some racks and bows for it. I found an M105 whose owner is willing to sell me the entire stake/rack set of three (no bows) for $125. I know they won't fit as is, but I'd like to use the vertical stakes to make my own rack system. I did a quick measurement of the dimensions of the pockets in the M101, and the dimensions of the vertical stakes of the M105, and it seems that the stakes should fit just fine.

Can someone confirm that the M105 vertical stakes will fit on the M101A2? I just want to make sure I'm not missing something. Thanks!

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm putting this m105 bed on my deuce 4x4. I put wood inside them to strengthen them. I wish steeel tube was available the right size...it's not. First picture is beginning with wood and then what I did. An 1 1/2" tube that is 1/8" thick slides down inside (on the second picture).

I'm going to have to change the back for a gooseneck to clear, leaving the lower slat in the first bay and cutting the upright just above it. A horse trailer or camper needs to pull with the center ball and have room for a tight turn.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
New Surplus metal bows for the M101A2/3 are still available.
Lighter, stronger and will not warp.

Prices have gone up on them (and everything else), but are worth it in the long run.

Tarfu43

Thanks for the replies. I would buy a set of racks/bows for the M101 if I could find some reasonably priced. The only complete set I found was on eBay, and the guy wanted $600 for them!

Tarfu43

Can the M101 bows be modded to fit the M105 stakes? How much for the corner bows and stakes, and what do you estimated shipping would be to MN?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they are the metal bows, then yes they will fit both trailers as they have 2 sets of holes to bolt up to the corners. Corners are the same for both trailers.

The vertical stakes are different.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks