• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New gauges for my M1010

chevymike

Gathering more parts. I had these gauges custom made by Speedhut. This is their Revolution line but done up to look like their HUMVEE line of gauge. Wanted to keep that military vibe but have modern gauges, since there are none in the CUCV rigs. The LED near the bottom of the gauge is a programmable warning light, that will light up red when activated. Speedo is a GPS unit, so doesn't matter what size tires or gear ratio I run. Also has compass and altimeter. Tach is a diesel model that will run from the "R" output on the alternator. I have used Speedhut gauges in a couple other projects and have loved them.

0613191416.jpg0618191153.jpg

chevymike

how do you plan to install them, will they mount to the black bezel or do they fit into the cluster housing. or do you have a new bezel/housing?
Still working that out. Trying to get a spare bezel that I can work with without having to pull mine apart until I am ready to swap. Short term I am likely to just put an under dash mount for the oil, water and volt so I can monitor those items. They are important to know what's going on. I lost a engine in another car ('64 Nova wagon) because by the time the water idiot light came on, the damage was done. Swore I would never have another older vehicle without gauges. Cheaper to monitor things than rebuild engines. :wink:

chevymike

So big thanks to SS member andyh1956 I was able to get a mint condition M1010 bezel to work with. I started playing with it last night and it looks like the speedo and tach drop in the factory hole and with the spin ring type mounting of the Speedhut gauges, it squared up to the backside lip of the hole. That looks like it should work great. The smaller gauges will require me to shave about a 1/4" off the backside of each hole, which should allow the gauges to drop into each spot and snug up like the larger ones. Here's couple pics of where I am at.

Attachments

chevymike

Chevymike, are you going to turbo this one? I turbo’d my M1010 with a banks. The alternators went on the driver’s side.
I would like to but likely not. I want to keep the alts on the pass side as stock as I am going to replace the driver side A/C compressor with a new one when I put in cab A/C (I am going to remove the box A/C system).

chevymike

Not yet but very soon. I finally got to redoing the cooling system so I have gotten the new oil and water senders installed. Once I finish up getting the radiator back in and new hoses installed, my focus will be on getting the gauge panel installed. Hopefully in the next couple weeks. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks