• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If my engine dies after?

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I run my M35A2 for a while and warms up, it sounds great then it just sort of dies and won't start for a while. It's like the fuel pump can't keep up and then I let the pump run for a while it will start back up and run. Have fuel pressure but it seems low. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All 3, new fuel filters?

Also, please try to post in the correct forum. (Moved)

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All 3 new filters?
Yes Sir. Usually after it warms up a while. I do have air I'm the return line from injectors in pic. It always seems like the air just sits in same spot. Runs great and then after being run a while starts to surge then die. But not all the time. Pretty inconsistent. Opened bleed screw and noticed the fuel filter cans were not up to top. Let pump catch up and no more problem, for a while. Probably original pump. What is a good place to find a pump to go ahead and replace just in case.?IMG_20190614_100058651.jpg

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there any "SLIME" inside the fuel filter canisters when you've had them open?

If so, the culprit might be ALGAE. This will require a THOROUGH fuel system cleaning and treatment with a product such as SEAFOAM - available at NAPA, AUTOZONE, O'REILLY's, etc..

That SLIME is algae and can clog fuel lines and filters horribly.

Algae can GROW in a diesel fuel tank if conditions are favorable for its formation and growth. It CAN BE KILLED and there is hope.

Excessive algae cultures can also PRODUCE GASSES - think about the bubbles in BEER or the air pockets in SWISS CHEESE.... It's all the same science.

Good luck.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clean diesel but I will admit to the first gentleman I am a liar. I apologise. The other day when the problem started I replaced secondary and final and those filters looked new and clean but the gaskets were old. Replaced all of that then I noticed I was late to teach lesson at our local VBS, so off to town and forgot about primary filter. After the post I went back out and looked where I keep my filters, there was the primary I didn't replace. I think there was enough chocolate in that filter to have a Sunday. I have three of these trucks and have never seen this type of filter is this military in pic? Also now I have plenty of pressure, though if the fuel doesn't clear up and is a little frothy is that usually the fuel pick up with a pinhole? May replace pump anyway. Thanks and if you want to delete post feel free.View attachment 768216IMG_20190618_205053045.jpg

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clean diesel but I will admit to the first gentleman I am a liar. I apologise. The other day when the problem started I replaced secondary and final and those filters looked new and clean but the gaskets were old. Replaced all of that then I noticed I was late to teach lesson at our local VBS, so off to town and forgot about primary filter. After the post I went back out and looked where I keep my filters, there was the primary I didn't replace. I think there was enough chocolate in that filter to have a Sunday. I have three of these trucks and have never seen this type of filter is this military in pic? Also now I have plenty of pressure, though if the fuel doesn't clear up and is a little frothy is that usually the fuel pick up with a pinhole? May replace pump anyway. Thanks and if you want to delete post feel free.View attachment 768216View attachment 768217

I believe some of the early filters were washable , the may be what you had in the primary.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks