• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ok , I got a M151, now what????

poppop

There were several different methods used to demil them in an attempt to keep them from being driveable again. When all that failed you could take the parts but not the body tub. I found 12 at Fort Stewart three years ago and the told me they were going to drive a tank over them and sell as scrap.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Ok , I got a M151, now what????

ida34 said:
There is not doubt that you should immediately sell it to me. Very nice. I have been thinking about selling the deuce to get a jeep or an M151.
ida34 just isn't himself in this post. Surely what he meant was, you should sell that M151 to me. It would be much happier here in Ohio. :D

I would care for it, and cater to its every need.

vtdeucedriver

Re: RE: Ok , I got a M151, now what????

oifvet said:
ida34 said:
There is not doubt that you should immediately sell it to me. Very nice. I have been thinking about selling the deuce to get a jeep or an M151.
ida34 just isn't himself in this post. Surely what he meant was, you should sell that M151 to me. It would be much happier here in Ohio. :D

I would care for it, and cater to its every need.
Funny, it did come from just across the river. Took me 6 hrs to get there.

ida34

RE: Re: RE: Ok , I got a M151, now what????

It would only be happy in OH because it would be closer to MI.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
O.K., and not to hi-jack, but just how difficult is it to find one of these little 151s in the condition you found yours, Jeff?

Also, if I have to keep it in Vermont for a little while so you could recover from seperation-anxiety, I would! My wife is from the Green Mountain State and I have in-laws up there. That's also where I got my deuce from! So, I have that much of an edge on Chuck! HA!

(Besides, Michigan uses much more salt on their roads than Ohio!)

I can send pics of the nice heated garage she'll be staying in!

Seriously though. That is a nice MUTT.

vtdeucedriver

Where did you get your deuce????? If you are serious about a nice mutt and have 6500.00 a friend of mine has a real nice one in VT. I can get you his number. No anxiety here, I am in TN now..................for now anyways.

vtdeucedriver

I will have more pics posted this weekend. Getting closer. Anyone here have another corner antenna mount that they would want to sell?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd love to have an A2 but my bank acct says not in this lifetime. I'll be lucky just to get an M1009. Yours looks great Jeff. Did you move the entire motorpool to TN?

vtdeucedriver

No, just the mutt is here cause I bought it while I was here. Everything else is staying in VT because we are retuning there within the year.

vtdeucedriver

Tho I still have some mechanicals to work out, today i got up early and I through some stuff on the jeep. Eventually it will have a really early Armor set up. The jeep is done up just like the commander of the 64th Trans Co in 66.

Note the 3rd pic, it has a vintage black label can opener for those "dust cutters".

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks