• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Essential Tool Kit for a Recovery

CNC2013

Air gauge, chuck, 25’ hose, glad hand with air hose quick coupler installed in the back.
Thanks for the tip on the size for the duals Jbulach! I was planning to buy a glad hand hose when I get there so it's less to deal with. The seller has a shop and I'll do a pre-inspection there before I hit the road.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wasp & Hornet spray; police the cab real good before hitting the road. I've had to stop and bail out after pulling away. Little buggers will wait attack, especially if they are cold from the night before.
Good point ... but I don’t think there will be any cold wasps anytime soon :D

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's going to a be a very hot ride home...90+ with humidity so I'll stop and grab a few gallons of water when I fill her up for the first time.
I used a wet shemagh on my head, ball cap on top of that, to keep it in place and another wrapped around my neck. It was a lifesaver. Like a mini air conditioner for my head. Have to keep wetting it down, but it works.

It makes a huge difference.

CNC2013

Thanks guys, I really do appreciate the advice from you. Being a newbie with these trucks can be intimidating but I feel very confident things will go smoothly. I'll take pics all throughout this adventure and post. Need to get some work done before I head off to the airport for my flight.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it gets real hot, open the front windshields about 6-8 inches and close the side windows. The airflow will pressurize the cab and keep the engine heat out of the cab. Works like a champ. Use the rear widow to manage the flow.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the tip on the size for the duals Jbulach! I was planning to buy a glad hand hose when I get there so it's less to deal with. The seller has a shop and I'll do a pre-inspection there before I hit the road.
Suprman has a good deal in the classifieds. Basically a Milton inflator with the rest of the junk for free. Add a female and male quick coupler on both ends of the hose and your good to go. Maybe he can ship it to where your trucks at for you?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks