• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Joined the club

MattNC

I wanted to share the M998 I recently purchased through a fellow SS member here. He bought the truck initially, received it, and also did a huge amount of work to get the truck in great shape; painting, parking brakes, cooling system, top/doors, etc. I purchased it off him and have since finished getting it road legal and added a 10K hitch from federal military parts, an illuminated license plate holder, and a keyed ignition to start.

Next steps are a sound system mounted in an ammo crate, getting the XM381 civilian trailer electrical system mounted, painting the doors, going through the hubs, and flushing the cooling system. Probably not in that order.

The pictures here are the first week with it including rides with kids in the neighborhood, letting my army veteran brother in law (standing next to it) re-live some old glory, taking it for a safety inspection, and having fun. In three weeks we'll be driving it to the NC Outer Banks for a week. Should be fun.

I also have to thank the forum members so much as I learned a ton on here so far and I hope I can help give back some advice as I go through the journey.

Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks