• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.5T 4l80E swap harness question

Im gathering parts to swap from a 6.2 3l80 60 amp alt to a 6.5T 4L80E 200amp alt and was wondering what body harness and engine harness ill need to get. Im probably going to eventually put in reverse lights, AC with the rear wheel well condensers and an ECV front end. Im assuming ill need 1151 or 1165 harnesses. Iv tried looking in the TMs on kascar but i can only find 1113 and 1114 harnesses. Any info/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

BLK HMMWV

Good luck finding a body wiring harness.
You may want to check MAC motors but I'd see how much you can get for one of your kidneys first then I'd try and search for the thread that was started about making a body harness.
I'm not sure where your planning on getting the 6.5 T motor but It should have an engine harness on it already.
Best of luck in your quest.
BH

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1113 and m1114 would be correct body harness for what your doing.
engine harness for turbos are in low/no supply from AM General and run from 700-1k right now.

Good luck finding a body wiring harness.You may want to check MAC motors but I'd see how much you can get for one of your kidneys first then I'd try and search for the thread that was started about making a body harness.I'm not sure where your planning on getting the 6.5 T motor but It should have an engine harness on it already.Best of luck in your quest.BH
lol, i hear ya. I like that DIY harness idea. what should i search, i tried a few different things with no luck. I have a engine trans and t case it was one of those just cut the frame rails deals, but it didnt come with the harness.
Is there a TM for wiring schematics and connector pin outs? id like to just make a stand alone harness for the engine and trans. I never understood why these manufactuers have to run different things together, i deal with that at work."lets put the ABS wiring in with the engine wiring. you know what, lets run a radio antenna in there too"
M1113 and m1114 would be correct body harness for what your doing.engine harness for turbos are in low/no supply from AM General and run from 700-1k right now.
Thats what i was kinda thinking just get a m1114, but i wasnt sure. How much do they normally cost?

I found the wiring diagram for the turbo so ill probably make a harness.
I was looking at TCMs in the TM and there are different options for chips. I think 4 but i dont have the TM up right now. Dose any one know what the difference is/which ones are better? I'm assuming that the differences are the shift points.
thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks