• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m101a1 Leaf Spring

TeeWhy

I've done my best to research online and call various spring shops before resorting to posting my first thread. I've got a 1965 m101a1 with a busted leaf spring. I know finding an original spring in the NJ area isn't likely and definitely not going to be cheap. Does anyone know if there's a suitable new replacement I could purchase since I'm doing a 5200lb dexter axle swap anyway? Finding a 7 leaf, 2" wide by 46" eye to eye spring is a lot harder than I thought. Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dexter and Redline should have springs to fit.
Did you already look up the part number in the TM?
That number should cross reference to a new number.

If not, Just carry your good spring down to any decent trailer parts store and match it up.
They can measure the old one and match it to a new part number.

Croft Trailer has excellent customer service if you’re never used them before.
www.crofttrailer.com

Whatever you find, please post part numbers, etc.

Good Luck.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which leaf is it? If its not the top one, it should be easier to find, and a longer one can be shortened to fit. Also the hole for the spring center bolt is sometime not centered between the eyes. If your replacing a leaf, get a new spring center bolt too.

TeeWhy

I noticed there were two TM posted so I looked at the second one and hopefuld NSN 2510-01-353-3116. I'll give Dexter or Croft a call on Monday and see what they can do for me. Unfortunately, it was the top spring that snapped so I'll most likely replace both sets with new springs depending on price.

IMG_7358.jpg

TeeWhy

Henry's Truck & Equipment Sales
623 Concord Rd
Albemarle, NC 28001
(704) 983-5940

Bought 2 leaf springs $100 apiece to replace the ones on my trailer. I now have an extra I'd sell for $50. I'm sure this guy has everything under the sun on his property.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you simply want a used one, try Eastern Surplus or TNJ Murray.
They might have new as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks