• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Securing Tool access door

DREDnot

Member Wire Fox saw a pic of my unsecured tool access door in another thread and asked if I had issues with it flopping in the wind.

The answer is yes. I was hoping to stumble across a set of the hold down rubber latches for less than 20 bucks each. They are the same as on the back of the engine cover.

LATCH & KEEPER, ENGINE COVER 12338946 NSN 5340-00-492-2313.jpg

The thing about them that bothered me, besides the cost, is that since I like to swap between 2 man and 4 man configurations the lower catch "prongs" will be scraping legs and getting all bent up.

I ended up just adding the smallest barrel latch from Home Deeps to the front edge. It keeps the door flush and keeps it from flapping in the wind. It also stays with the door blank when removed and there are no hooks on the body.

DSCN9909.jpg

DSCN9911.jpg

DSCN8411.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks