• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

85 m998

slmanella

I’ve recently acquired a USMC 1985 M998 Slantback with the following on the hood and tailgate: 538945.
Was wondering if anyone here could steer me in the right direction to help identify the background of this truck.

kzeyus

Does that match the number on the a pillar by drivers legs/on data plate? I'm guessing serial number of vehicle or a unit tracking number.

papakb

The numbers on the front and rear are unit registration numbers and have nothing to do with the vehicles serial number on the B pillar data plate. They are assigned by the units that receive the vehicle so I'm not sure there's an easy way to track them just by using that number. Post a picture of the other numbers on the bumpers and someone here should be able to at least tell you what unit it was in service with. It's a start at least.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks