• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inf about Percent Rated Current

marcos

hi guys i would like to know about what volt is used for the porcent rated current (mep 803) works,becuse my is not working and i wish to replace it..Thanks

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
hi guys i would like to know about what volt is used for the porcent rated current (mep 803) works,becuse my is not working and i wish to replace it..Thanks
Spell check is your friend.

Assuming Inf is short for info?

Zed254

My notes say: Percent Rated Current Meter: Ideal 35.7001, 72-5007-1, 6625-01-038-6829. Phaostron 637-18050.

Confirm info in the TM. Stay away from the 400Hz units....the only ones a quick scan of Ebay showed as being available this morning.

justicelee26

It is a current meter. For the MEP 803A in 120/240v mode it will read 100% at 52 amps (12.5 KW at 240v). There are a lot of digital meters that will work with the unit.

marcos

I just want to know if this one that I found on Ebay may work with my 803A....

Vintage Watt Meter Military Generator MEP006A, 007A, 009A, 816A [Z4S6]

Another thing,my Gen set is in Dominican Republic,but the percent rated current is not working and I wish to buy one if I can find it with a good price,so any advice may help me a lot.

Last edited:

Zed254

Don't match my model number or NSN. Check your TM for part number then go to Parttarget and enter the NSN to see if they have some other part numbers to look for:
https://www.parttarget.com/6625-01-...ption=nsn&originalsearchtext=6625-01-038-6829

...like these......

6625-01-038-6829 Manufacturing Part Numbers (SKUs)

MFG SKUCAGESTATUSISCRNVCRNCCSADCDACHCCRNAAC
35.700111707A625EZZ
366-04333005A6235ZZ
55RS1058555026A6235TX
637-1805077221A6255TX
639-1805077221A6255TX
72-5007-130554A621ATX

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Before we jump to all these conclusions, perhaps a better thing to do is ask if you have tested the Circuit first? Might be a good idea to see if you have any voltage going to the meter, before changing it. Have you downloaded the -24 TM? Have you tested anything?

marcos

Before we jump to all these conclusions, perhaps a better thing to do is ask if you have tested the Circuit first? Might be a good idea to see if you have any voltage going to the meter, before changing it. Have you downloaded the -24 TM? Have you tested anything?
Hi Guyfang,I already downloaded the -24 TM but the issue here,is that the genset is in Dominica Republic and I"m here in the USA,and one of my brother is taking care about it and told me that the percent rated current is not working anymore so I'm thinking to buy one and send it to him,if not I must wait until I travel back to DR and try to fix it with all the help of you guys here..

(I"ll be back to DR on december:-?:-?)

Last edited:

mcii

While a useful point of information, my sense from your [percent power meter] posting is you might be thinking it is imperative for operation. Yes it is useful but not a must in the event you need your set for powering whatever you have it for. A simple hand held vom/ampmeter will give you all the support and information you need to continue normal duty you have the set for, while in time you do as Guyfang suggest and thoroughly determine if it is the meter or the supporting circuit logic or wiring that might be the real cause. My point or caution is to avoid rushing off to buy a replacement meter for not the real solution. And as another member offered get one of the small digital units as a temp or long term solution.. I might be over reaching here, but if you have a CT coil or wound unit, you can make a small test jig and test the meter as single device and then know for sure the meter condition.. best: mac/mc

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks