• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2wd SM465 to 4wd mated to a NP208

CryoGuy6075

I have a M1009 and I want to put a SM465 in it. The 465 came from a 2wd truck. My question is, do I need to get an adapter to mate it to the 208. I know that the 465's output shaft will have to be changed from the long 35 spline to a short 32 spline. I have searched several forums and I have not come up with a definitive answer. Can someone here that has this setup fill me in on what needs to be done to make this swap happen?

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
By converting to shorty 32 spline you now have a 4wd trans so just need the correct adapter, the NP round pattern circle end is the same, just redrill holes for desired clocking .

Should look like this

Attachments

CryoGuy6075

I think I am going to wait and find a 4x4 SM465... I can still buy the pedals, bell housing, and shifter... I can at least get a start on collecting the parts required to do the swap.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Black Ops

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The np208 was used with the sm465 from around 81-88 on square body trucks I think. You should be able to find an adapter in a junkyard. I have a sm465 in my m1009 and the best way to do it is buy a whole parts truck if you can, it's cheaper in the long run. You'll want the transfer case crossmember as well. I also swapped the steering column for a manual transmission one, easy to do while installing the pedals. 1985 and up had hydraulic clutch.

CryoGuy6075

The np208 was used with the sm465 from around 81-88 on square body trucks I think. You should be able to find an adapter in a junkyard. I have a sm465 in my m1009 and the best way to do it is buy a whole parts truck if you can, it's cheaper in the long run. You'll want the transfer case crossmember as well. I also swapped the steering column for a manual transmission one, easy to do while installing the pedals. 1985 and up had hydraulic clutch.
Unfortunately I live in an apartment so I can't buy a whole parts truck... I will have to start going to the local junkyards and see what I can dig up...

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Adapter for 465 to 208 or 241 is the same

I have a 4wd 465 laying out behind my shop, but it's in So OR and has the 205 adapter, 205s are cheap and strong .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks