• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv ii 99k 559

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gents, starting a thread for my CUCV II that i have acquired. I will need some assistance in some of the particulars, but overall seems to be a good win.

1999 Chevy Tahoe. Last assigned to the 139th SFS out of Missouri. Came with a ton of paperwork, maintenance records for the last few years, vehicle binder with a checkout document, (AFS 1400?) and even an airstrip map. Stickers for airfield passage and such on the glove box.

There is some rust that needs to be taken care of. But, after putting a new battery in, she fired right up. Runs and drives great. Figured out the lights that GP said were inop (just needed to flip a toggle switch).

That being said, it appears as though there is a second battery tray and a positive battery cable, but I couldn't find a negative. Seems odd that a 12V vehicle would have a second battery...? (see pic)

Anyways, any manuals that are more than the owners manual would be helpful. Also, assuming Rock Auto or LMC truck for fender rocker panel replacement parts. I do need to find a new driver's seat for sure, and a passenger seat maybe. There's a center counsel missing, and I'm hoping to be able to track it down.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah you have some learning to do grasshopper. The CUCVIIs have (had in your case) 24 volt starters, and a solid state 12/24 volt converter to charge battery #2. Tons of info on these here on SS thanks to member stonepicker.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah you have some learning to do grasshopper. The CUCVIIs have (had in your case) 24 volt starters, and a solid state 12/24 volt converter to charge battery #2. Tons of info on these here on SS thanks to member stonepicker.
That makes a lot of sense. It does look like it was wired for 24v at some time, but obviously does not require it now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks