Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Joined the club with an 18,000lb paperweight this week.

Sergeant
    Thanks

Update...anything good!!!

Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 76shovel View Post
    Update...anything good!!!
    Nah, just another member in the ranks of the EUC Waiting Army. 3 months and nary a flicker. Hoping to see something this fall, at least ... fingers crossed!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to themeec For This Useful Post:

76shovel (08-27-2019)

Sergeant
    Thanks

Good luck and keep us informed

MVPA
    Florida
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,215 Times in 693 Posts

Good looking truck you have waiting for the EUC to clear. Uncle Sugar seems to move the EUC requirement all around different equipment & items as he sees fit. There is no rhyme or reason, just what shows up as a "Q" demil, or the spinner lands on this week.

Just be patient & your new to you truck will be home in the driveway before you know it, even though it seems like two lifetimes.
    1985/87 M35A2C Wo/w Deuce x 2
    2011 M1102 Trailer (tan)
    2009 M1102 Trailer (camo)
    2009 M1102 Trailer (camo w/ hoops & cover)
    1989 M105A2 Trailers (7) - One tan & six camo w/ tops
    1987 M103A3 Kasel Genset Trailer
    1990 A/M32K-4A Air Launched Missle Trailer
    2005 M353 Trailer x 8
    1985 MEP-003A Genset
    1986 MEP-002A Genset (2)
    1974 MEP-016A Genset
    1968 MEP-025A Genset
    1984 MEP-701A Genset
    1996 Stewart & Stevenson M1081/M1082 Trailer
    1990 Marine 18 K A/C Unit (X4)
    MGPTS x 4 complete, tan & green!

Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by themeec View Post
    Nah, just another member in the ranks of the EUC Waiting Army. 3 months and nary a flicker. Hoping to see something this fall, at least ... fingers crossed!
    Have you got your truck yet? I bought one on 9/11/2019. I was told 8-12 weeks for EUC to clear or reject me. If you are still waiting I am bummed as I would like to move along with the project.

Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AllenF View Post
    Have you got your truck yet? I bought one on 9/11/2019. I was told 8-12 weeks for EUC to clear or reject me. If you are still waiting I am bummed as I would like to move along with the project.
    I am actually! Finally got the EUC approved earlier this week, and have transport arranged for next week. Looking forward to having the thing in hand finally ... only 15+ weeks of waiting, haha.

Private
    Thanks

themeec,
    If you don't mind my asking where is your LMTV coming from and who is bringing it to you? Did you go through Veritread? (SP)
    care to share the distance to deliver and the cost?
    Have you looked into registration? Here in California it is a no go. So I am good with that as I will be moving out of state anyways. Just means I can not drive it here until I am ready to leave. Then I will reg it in the state I am moving to.

Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AllenF View Post
    themeec,
    If you don't mind my asking where is your LMTV coming from and who is bringing it to you? Did you go through Veritread? (SP)
    care to share the distance to deliver and the cost?
    Have you looked into registration? Here in California it is a no go. So I am good with that as I will be moving out of state anyways. Just means I can not drive it here until I am ready to leave. Then I will reg it in the state I am moving to.
    Here's what I have so far:
    Location - Trucking vehicle from Draper, UT
    Shipping - Didn't like trying to use Veritread's service, so got a quote via Fr8star
    Distance - Only about 356 miles
    Cost - So far $880 + Wreckers for winch-on/winch-off service on both ends @ Around $130-230/hr (final cost remains to be seen what time the wrecker service has to put in)
    Registration - About $84/yr because it's not heavy enough to qualify for commercial (**** yeah Idaho)

As far as experience on this whole thing, they're slated to pick it up tomorrow, so I'll have to report back on the quality of the whole operation then.
    Last edited by themeec; 10-15-2019 at 20:38.

4 Star General Steel Soldiers Vendor Suprman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,536 Posts

If the brakes work you can usually remove one of the air drain valves and screw in a regular air tool nipple and air up with a compressor and you will have brakes. You can pull it off the trailer with another vehicle and some straps. If the brakes are caged and you air it up and release the brakes the caging bolts will loosen up you can usually take them out easily if not by hand. Just make sure the truck is well chocked or still chained up when doing this. Then you can have someone look in the caging bolt holes with a light and see the can move as you step on the pedal.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suprman For This Useful Post:

themeec (10-16-2019)

Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Suprman View Post
    If the brakes work you can usually remove one of the air drain valves and screw in a regular air tool nipple and air up with a compressor and you will have brakes. You can pull it off the trailer with another vehicle and some straps.
    I may very well have to move it again while it's inoperable, so this is great info. At this point, I'm going to see how well these cats I've carefully herded together do on their own ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast