• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Outer Wheel Seal

Crf450x

I bought a deuce recently with a bad gear oil leak at the left rear wheels. I assumed it was just a wheel seal with oil bath bearings like a modern truck. After doing some research here, I discovered it’s totally different.

So anyway I tore it down today to figure out what’s going on but I can’t figure out exactly how this works. What does the outer seal seal against? Should the outer diameter ride against the hub? Mine has about 1/8” all the way around between them.

And is it common to have a huge leak due to a bad seal? I keep reading about the “cork” thing and mine was in there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks