• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this a 12v or 24v starter?

erasedhammer

So the previous owner of my truck apparently tried to have a new starter put in, didn't work or something and so I have this extra starter laying around.

The only identification it has is two stickers.
One says 12v and the other 24v. Can anyone ID this thing?

IMG_20190623_200513.jpgIMG_20190623_200430.jpgIMG_20190623_200407.jpg

richingalveston

i would not try to guess from the outside, could very much be a 12volt starter with a 24volt solenoid. I would consider takeing it to a starter shop and have it checked out. They can tell from the internals what the real voltage is and get freshin it up if needed.
maybe someone could not get the 24volt starter and bought a 12 volt and switched the solenoid. It will probably work for a short bit but burn up quickly.

erasedhammer

i would not try to guess from the outside, could very much be a 12volt starter with a 24volt solenoid. I would consider takeing it to a starter shop and have it checked out. They can tell from the internals what the real voltage is and get freshin it up if needed.
maybe someone could not get the 24volt starter and bought a 12 volt and switched the solenoid. It will probably work for a short bit but burn up quickly.
I'm just trying to save a buck. Not having to buy a whole other starter would be great. Looking to get a 12v starter for my eventual 12v conversion.
It would be counter productive if I spent more than the starters worth having someone tear it down or rebuild it.

richingalveston

if it is a 12 volt then all they have to do is switch the solenoid, would be cheeper than a new starter. if it is 24volt then you have something to possibly sell or use until you do the conversion. to check it out they probably would not charge much.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks