• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SKF Brakemaster Turbo 2000 Air Dryer

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wes, you mentioned this dryer in a post last year, said you were going to try it out. Did you ever install one on your truck?

My stock one took a dump on me, debating rebuilding or replacing with this.

Thanks.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yes. You just plug off the purge tank port on the dryer.

The only thing about the dryer I dont like Is that it has a loud purge off. It will scare you

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Having an issue with wiring. Me and electricity aren't best friends, so, I think its best to ask.

From the Dryer, P1 is power, J1 is ground. On the truck there is a black wire and a white wire. I cut this wire off the old dryer. Figure black is probably ground. I put my multimeter on each wire, and the frame, with the truck off and they both registered the same.

suggestions?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Having an issue with wiring. Me and electricity aren't best friends, so, I think its best to ask.

From the Dryer, P1 is power, J1 is ground. On the truck there is a black wire and a white wire. I cut this wire off the old dryer. Figure black is probably ground. I put my multimeter on each wire, and the frame, with the truck off and they both registered the same.

suggestions?
The ground is usually right there near the dryer on the frame rail with a 3/8 bolt thru it.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. Got it done.

This didn't turn out to be a straight swap out. Bolt holes were about 2” narrower on the SKF, so I needed to drill 2 new holes to match up with the SKF.

The fittings didn’t fit either. One of the 1/2” fittings worked out (the 90 degree inlet) but I needed reducers and adapters for the out and governor line port.

The wiring was simple enough, but found out my multimeter doesn’t work. Couldn’t even get continuity on a ground wire.

I fired it up, and got that beautiful purge sound after a few minutes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks