• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 or 1028 rattle

319cssb

When im stopped at the light , i hear a loud rattling . It sounds like it could be the bed bolts? Maybe tank straps? Does anyone else have that?

I think i had that on a previous m1028 i had , but cant remember how to remedy it.

cucvrus

I think it is the fuel fill door. It will rattle against the tether on the cap. And No the fuel tank skid plate has no bushings. Just 5/16" nuts and bolts. Use Nylock nuts. Good Luck. Have a Great Day and Be Safe.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine did that and it was loud.

It was the fuel fill door.
Tweaked it a bit and it rattles no more

Abbylind

Side metal rails that run the length of the top edge of the bed for the canvas cover attachment.
There use to be some type of RTV or sealant under the rails. Mine dried up and the rails are metal to metal. Rattles like a SOB when idling....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks