• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 005a General Electronics Trouble

BenP

I have a MEP-005a that will not make power unless I jump the field with 24v. When I do that it will make power for a while then the HZ meter will max out and it will stop making power. I can jump the field and it will start making power again for a while, sometimes for an hour or two sometimes for just enough time for me to get back in the house and get my boots off. Also, the HZ adjustment is not working, I can turn the knob all the way either way without any change. The voltage adjustment knob works but not the voltage meter.

Any ideas?

Sincerely,

Ben

Guyfang

Staff member
Ben,

Unless you have a precise model, the hertz rheostat is not supposed to work. Use the black knob down below to adjust engine speed. Engine speed = Hertz.

Gen set excitation works like this. Push up the S1 start switch. The contacts in the S9 switch allow the set to start. Then when the engine reaches a certain RPM, the starter contacts kick out, and another set of S9 contacts close, allowing 24 volts to go to the Static exciter box.

Have you downloaded the TM's for this gen set?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks