• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV 24 Bolt Wheels

I like the way they look, the 24B HMMWV wheels that is. There is a good deal on locals craigs so I thought I'd see if there are any big pros/cons of these wheels with goodyear MT tires. I'd be running them on my M1009 thats been upgraded to M1008 axles. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Chaski

I like the way they look, the 24B HMMWV wheels that is. There is a good deal on locals craigs so I thought I'd see if there are any big pros/cons of these wheels with goodyear MT tires. I'd be running them on my M1009 thats been upgraded to M1008 axles. Thanks in advance

They are tough, but they are not exactly known for being concentric, easy to balance or light. Also add into the mix you need 2" or greater wheel spacers.

I'm running some now with PVC beadlock inserts and Pit bull brand tires, I have enough stick on wheel weighs it looks like a lead Hersey chocolate bar stick to the inside of the wheels. Other than the weight of them they are great. If I ever get a flat the tire and wheel is just going to have to stay where it is, because there is no way I am lifting it back into the pickup by myself.

Stahl makes steel spacers that are good if you decide to go that route.

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Balance Masters and Centramatic both make great wheel balancers for the Hmmwv. They work on both my trucks; one M1008 with hmmwv tires, wheels and run flats the other an M1028A3 with hmmwv tires mounted on dually wheels. I use Arrowcraft front end dually adapters on the M1008 to run the hmmwv wheels on both axles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks