• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bulbs

dmetalmiki

You ain't looking hard enough...seriously, Any motor truck parts dealership will have them
On line there are a plethora of electrical motor parts spares and accessory firms selling the bulbs you want (With pictorial choices to view)..
Take a pattern bulb in person , or on the phone describe the type you need.

Ronmar

yea, what he said!
A52463-2-13 is a dual contact bayonett bulb number 1156
W-L-00111/66 is a single contact bayonett G6 bulb

Take a light apart and remove the two bulbes. Very common bulbs that any autoparts store should have on the shelf...

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yea, what he said!
A52463-2-13 is a dual contact bayonett bulb number 1156
W-L-00111/66 is a single contact bayonett G6 bulb

Take a light apart and remove the two bulbes. Very common bulbs that any autoparts store should have on the shelf...
I have a different housing that is mostly side view and use the LED equal. There are other bulbs that work better for looking at the top of the bulb, like in most military housings. Maybe someone can add them.

You have them backward, the 1156 is single contact and the 1157 or 2057 is dual.

These are the best side view LED bulbs that I find for 24vdc (and that have a protective cover).

Equal for 1156 that I use;

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...md-led-tower-ba15s-base-with-lens/4477/12894/

Here is the dual 1157 or 2057 equal;

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...on-51-smd-led-tower-bay15d-retrofit-car/4478/

Last edited:

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it still possible to buy the 12v headlight bulbs with the military connection wires?

My local parts store finds the number but it is obsolete, replaced by a bulb with the slip-on terminals. When I find the proper 3 terminal connectors I'm switching over to the off-the-shelf headlight bulb.

Ronmar

I have a different housing that is mostly side view and use the LED equal. There are other bulbs that work better for looking at the top of the bulb, like in most military housings. Maybe someone can add them.

You have them backward, the 1156 is single contact and the 1157 or 2057 is dual.

These are the best side view LED bulbs that I find for 24vdc (and that have a protective cover).

Equal for 1156 that I use;

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...md-led-tower-ba15s-base-with-lens/4477/12894/

Here is the dual 1157 or 2057 equal;

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...on-51-smd-led-tower-bay15d-retrofit-car/4478/
Yep, I got that wrong, the 1156 is a single contact. So is the smaller g6 bulb. Basically they did with 2 bulbs what most autos do with the dual filament 1157...

Ronmar

Is it still possible to buy the 12v headlight bulbs with the military connection wires?
My local parts store finds the number but it is obsolete, replaced by a bulb with the slip-on terminals. When I find the proper 3 terminal connectors I'm switching over to the off-the-shelf headlight bulb.
You can make your own. 3 large female spade connectors to match the new bulb terminals, 3 bullet connectors to plug into the back of the receptical, 3 pieces of wire, crimpers and bobs your uncle:) I made mine in about 10 minutes to adapt to the new Halogen bulbs, H6’s I think...

Ronmar

Yea those would probably work well for the signals and brakes. These light assemblies don't have any real reflection, more like a bulb in a soup can...

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Followup on 12 volt headlamp bulbs: A replacement headlight bulb is the H6024 (Sylvania, Wagner, etc) Halogen 7" standard bulb. A socket that fits, for conversion, is Dorman 84790 high temperature headlamp socket.

Both were ordered through my local Auto Parts store.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks