• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Freightliner or other commercial chassis road tractor?

CanonNinja

I've seen quite a few of these in the past, smaller trucks than the M916, but cant for the life of me remember what the **** they were.

Pretty sure this is one of them, but again I cant find diddly squat after searching for an hour now.

Paul-Rogers-.jpg

CanonNinja

M915 series? The m915a2 was the first freightliner design.
Way smaller than the 915. I cant remember if it was a Freightliner or not, just that it was essentially a commercial chassis in CARC, I believe they were mostly 5spd Allison autos, no front drive axle.

Edit: Maybe I'm just an idiot and my Google-fu failed me

Last edited:

fasttruck

If it\ is registered as a commercial vehicle you will need a CDL, class "A" if you pull a trailer rated over 10,000 pounds.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trying to figure out if I need a class B Except w/air brake endorsement, or a full-on Class A CDL to drive thing.
In Texas you'll need a Class A license because of the vehicle weight rating in excess of 26k pounds
If you are driving it for personal use only, as in never for compensation of any kind (like even someone buying you lunch if you haul something for them), you can get a non-commercial Class A. This relieves you of the medical/logbook/etc. requirements.

The above doesn't mean y'all can't go have lunch together and he pays because he wants to, it means he can't be paying for lunch because you hauled for him.

There is a whole thread on licensing requirements on the site.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks