• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1919 pintle fitment problem MK64

Navy dude

Something that should be so easy never seems to be! I bought a reproduction 1919 pintle to attach the fake M2HB to my MK64 cradle. It wont drop low enough for the spring loaded lock to engage the lathed grooves in the cone shaped tail of the pintle. All it needs is perhaps 1/8 inch and it would click in and I could stand back and marvel at its beauty.... but no, another small fight looms on the horizon. Its either too wide at the top to drop lower or the grooves are machined at the wrong place. I am not a machinist but next step is to find one and make my cheap 1919 much more expensive. I have half a mind to just grind a notch in the side of the thing and call it a day. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are 30/50 pintles and just .30 pintles....you want a 30/50 pintle.
this was done because a .50 uses an M3 tripod and an M1919 uses an M2 tripod.

Navy dude

There are 30/50 pintles and just .30 pintles....you want a 30/50 pintle.
this was done because a .50 uses an M3 tripod and an M1919 uses an M2 tripod.
Thanks! The one I bought advertised both but I assume it wasn't. I grinded a notch to make it work for now but Blk HMMWV is going to fix me up with a non repro.

BLK HMMWV

You don't really need the travel lock your using you need the yoke part of the UPA more then anything.
Once the Yoke is attached to the UPA and the T&E mech. is on, the travel lock your using is useless.

Crapgame

I think even 86HMMWV has a couple original GI pintles minus the crossbolt for sale for about $40, just use the crossbolt out of the replica if you don't send the replicas back.

BLK HMMWV

I doubt he can send it back after he took a grinder to it.
With that said if the latch on the bottom locks into the pintle now it isn't going to fall out.
I probably wouldn't want to fire a live M2 out of it but for just display purposes and driving around unless your off-roading in it I doubt you need to replace it.
Your call

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think even 86HMMWV has a couple original GI pintles minus the crossbolt for sale for about $40, just use the crossbolt out of the replica if you don't send the replicas back.
Not for a long time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks