• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Top and doors storage recomendations

beehumvee

Hi all, and thanks in advance.

Truck has almost arrived, and due to hot weather, first thing will be to have it top less. How do you store and fold the tops, courtains and doors to keep them as better as possible?

Thank you very much

Regards,
Willie

DREDnot

The tops are more than just thin canvas. They are more or less a half an inch thick of rubberized (nylon?)canvas/insulation padding/nylon mesh. You can only fold them over once or twice before they are too thick to fold any further. I keep my good ones in the shed and the tattered two man cargo top is covering the older set of extra tires out back.

They end up being rather large folded and are a pain...to me... to take along. If you want something to have for unexpected rain, the small 2 man cab cover and curtain combo is about as convenient as it gets.

DSCN7433.jpg

DSCN8624.jpg

Last edited:

beehumvee

The tops are more than just thin canvas. They are more or less a half an inch thick of rubberized (nylon?)canvas/insulation padding/nylon mesh. You can only fold them over once or twice before they are too thick to fold any further. I keep my good ones in the shed and the tattered two man cargo top is covering the older set of extra tires out back.

They end up being rather large folded and are a pain...to me... to take along. If you want something to have for unexpected rain, the small 2 man cab cover and curtain combo is about as convenient as it gets.

View attachment 768950

View attachment 768951
Again this question as summer is coming! How does new canvas came when they are new? Thanks

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the top is thick enough that it really does keep the heat from radiating through, so if I was somewhere with a lot of sun I'd be leaving the top on the truck and just storing the doors somewhere instead.

When it comes new, it's a really large box. The doors come as complete units, so the box is larger than they are. The top is just folded over a couple of times.

I remember seeing a local National Guard unit that had brand new trucks driving them back to their post. The cardboard boxes on the backs of the trucks were about 6-8" thick, the length of the fenders, and the entire width of the truck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks