• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hood numbers

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The K means it is a tactical vehicle (as opposed to Utility, Trailer, etc., they each have their own code).

As NDT said, 95 is the year the Air Force took the vehicle on inventory, it is usually the year the vehicle was built, but not always.
For example, say your Humvee was originally built in '93 for the Army, and they transferred it to the USAF in '95, it would be marked 95 not 93.

Cheers

Last edited:

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. Here are some more pics. I was told it was a radio truck, but there are no leftover pieces (wires=racks. etc ) that would indicate that. I was delivered in November of 94. It is missing the drivers side rear seat. On the little access door in the back it does have a sticker warning of HF radiation. Starts right up and seems to run and drive great. It shows 2,135 miles on it. It obviously has some paint issues on the doors.

hmmwv2.jpghmmwv 1.jpghmmwv3.jpghmmwv4.jpghmmwv5.jpg

saddamsnightmare

July 7th, 2019

And should you want to find it a new home, keep me in mind as I am looking for an ex USAF truck in good shape, M35A2, Step Van, PU or HMMWV! Good catch!:twisted:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a forward air control truck. They have that small door on the clamshell for a pull out antenna slide mount that holds the large harris base with the tilt adapter and the the 4 part mast. See if there are holes on the top of the fender inside where that small door is located.

Somewhere here I posted pics of one that was in a parade I participated in a few years ago that the La air guard sent a recruiter former air contol hmmwv.

papakb

When the USMC mounted the Helmet hardtops on their trucks they had that small door to accommodate the fording exhausts they all had and they were marked as cable access doors. The radio trucks with the Helmet tops all had a supplemental ground grid embedded into them to act as a ground plane for the antennas and there should be a ground attaching stud inside.

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome information guys, thanks for the input. I will look and take pictures of the holes/ground stud.

Saddamsnightmare- We will be looking to part ways with this truck in about a year.

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are some pictures of the racks and holes and stuff. I have not been able to find any pictures or descriptions of what could have possibly been in the back of this truck.
Any help would be appreciated. Also these lights on the roof seem pretty intense. I'm sure they have something to do with the role of this truck in the Air Force

Attachments

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Forward Air Control La Air Guard

Below are the pics from the eye candy recruiter hmmwv but the com gear set up is very interesting. This was a forward air control truck at some point and that is what that small door was for.

That slide out antenna base holder is very interesting. I might know of one available as I ran across it in my travels last year.....

The dome light is a standard military type typically more on armored vehicles & ambulances. It also has a blackout feature. Some are blue or red lens. Seen as field mods on lots of tactical vehicles. Newest high tech ones are led.

Attachments

Last edited:

G3isMe

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you both for sharing. Regarding the Recruiter HMMWV, why no doors? Was/is it common for these vehicles to be used without the doors?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks