• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The PRV or fuel filter pressure relief.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If Ron could do it then guess I can give it try. KNGR mine KNGJ= kinder nicer gentler James.
Ok I think I am done trying to play the guessing game on the Deuce IP. With all the threads / post's and just the ones we have been sharing the answers are there with a no start IP problem. Now not trying to say someone should not try help but you just like me when I first joined I went through every thread in the Deuce forum no matter what it was about. Now the only thing not covered in the LDS trouble shooting manual and the injection TM is that dang fuel control unit assembly.
OK rant over.
The PRV - fuel canister pressure relief valve. I had always thought that all it would take to just get it started was a very very low pressure flow at the head. No performance just idle. Now when I went out to get a picture of just the in tank running and flow I was going to stop there. Now yes I did start the truck to move it and shut it down and took picture of the return at the tank. Then I thought I might try and remove the PRV to test my thoughts.
I thought that maybe there was just enough resistance with all the line going back to the tank just a little bit would back flow through the overflow valve and maybe the final filter. Now to tell the truth I don't know if I let the truck sit for a week if it would still work but next time I go out there I will try. Just for smitts and giggles. No gages cause I am thinking the pressure is going to be very low and no prestart.
Now since we have flow back to the tank from just the in tank was thinking about the PVR test. To me we would have to remove both lines at the block. The one from IP and the block return to tank and hook them together then turn on in tank and then see if the PRV was leaking. I think that would be more of problem in time and fittings. So instead just remove the PRV and clean it up. This could be done if there was a low pressure reading problem or just as maintenance. I did make a video of it running with the PRV out and in my hand can not explain it but it worked this time. Also this is my first Deuce that my friend ( like a son) had and his wife gave it to me when he passed from a car accident and has always started if I just touched the starter. I my computer would not up load my video.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep Rusty and I were discussing this in another thread and I am trying on my new approach latitude shoes for a comfortable fit. It was easer to start a new thread.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks