• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheel adapters beveled on wrong side

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They can't help if they don't know.

At least they have been bashed on the internet and we know not to buy from them ever.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They did offered to take mine back for a refund, but wouldn’t replace them with properly machined parts. Their excuse was they are only meant for off road use, and thats the way they make all of them. I may reach back out to them if I can find someone to ream them for a reasonable cost.

Last edited:

Norinco666

I understand the distances and freight charges makes it difficult to resolve. But if they were a half way decent company, they should at least help with the repair cost.
I called them and left a message voicing my concerns they are off for the weekend ill see if they call me back next week

Eliteweapons

I may be missing something here but my plates go on the inside of the rim and not the outside. Those look like different rims than mine as well if you look at the bolt count.
image3.jpg
image2.jpg

skinnyR1

I beveled the back side of my m35a3 rims so that I could run them either way. Same issue as you, needed to bevel them. I used a HSP1-2-82T countersink and did it on a Bridgeport. You could do it with hand tools if you had a big enough chuck adapter.

Norinco666

Does not beveled in on both sides make it all a little weak?
Close to going thru I mean.
Just askin.
Not quite sure i understand what your trying to say but the factory deuce rims as well as the 5 ton and fmtv and im sure others that run duals on the back have wheels that are beveled on both sides so as far as making it weaker i dont think it will be an issue

Norinco666

Update for you guys i just went and picked up my 2 adapter plates from the shop they charged me 150$ to bevel the holes i got home was was painting them and canadian rockwell called me with a follow up call Neil asked me how much the shop charged me to bevel the plates i told him 150 and he asked if he could refund me the 150$ and that he was sorry it was a mess up on there end i was pleasantly suprised

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Not quite sure i understand what your trying to say but the factory deuce rims as well as the 5 ton and fmtv and im sure others that run duals on the back have wheels that are beveled on both sides so as far as making it weaker i dont think it will be an issue
OK
depends on thickness of the steel wheel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks