• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Draper UT pickup questions

themeec

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did some hunting in here, and found a few older posts from the GL days around Hill AFB, but given they do specify on the listings between Hill and Draper (mine is listed as being in Draper), if anyone had experience with that yard/facility?

Namely, curious to know about any pickup procedures, nearby mechanics, key do's/dont's, etc. Apologies in advance if there's SOP on this, but I didn't see any stickied threads or the like, so I assume it's pretty much dependent on the location.

Gunzy

My Draper P/U was at the Utah NG HQ. Didn't have any issues and was pretty straight forward. Can't comment on any shops/mechanics is the area though. As far as I know you will need to contact GP for a pick up appointment.

themeec

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Draper P/U was at the Utah NG HQ. Didn't have any issues and was pretty straight forward. Can't comment on any shops/mechanics is the area though. As far as I know you will need to contact GP for a pick up appointment.
Thanks for the info! I believe I found the yard here, correct?

Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 12.52.43 PM.jpg

Speaking of HEMTT's I was going to ask if this was you, but the color's not right ;-)

Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 12.57.31 PM.jpg

Good to know on the POC/location for pickup. Are they pretty much interested in you showing up ready to haul it off, or is there any wiggle room for making any parts/fluids runs if needed to get it moving? I'd like to be as prepared as possible in advance.

themeec

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally got my cert, and looking into shipping. Got a few bids out, but figured I'd check to see if anyone had any trucking recommendations in this area?

Gunzy

Thanks for the info! I believe I found the yard here, correct?

View attachment 769417

Speaking of HEMTT's I was going to ask if this was you, but the color's not right ;-)

View attachment 769418

Good to know on the POC/location for pickup. Are they pretty much interested in you showing up ready to haul it off, or is there any wiggle room for making any parts/fluids runs if needed to get it moving? I'd like to be as prepared as possible in advance.
That is the NG HQ in Draper. What are you getting from them? I am not sure on their allowance of work on items on site.

themeec

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the NG HQ in Draper. What are you getting from them? I am not sure on their allowance of work on items on site.
I am in the process of getting an M1078 out of that yard. As far as any attempts to get it moving under its own steam, there's no chance. They just want you to show up ready to drag it away, and get it out of their hair. On a side note, know of any wreckers that could help me get this thing on a step bed? In process of tracking one down currently.

Gunzy

The one wrecker I new of in the area isn't a wrecker anymore. You may look up wrecker co. in Draper. I would be a medium duty could load it once the brakes were caged.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks