Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Draper UT pickup questions

  1. #1
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Draper UT pickup questions

    Did some hunting in here, and found a few older posts from the GL days around Hill AFB, but given they do specify on the listings between Hill and Draper (mine is listed as being in Draper), if anyone had experience with that yard/facility?

    Namely, curious to know about any pickup procedures, nearby mechanics, key do's/dont's, etc. Apologies in advance if there's SOP on this, but I didn't see any stickied threads or the like, so I assume it's pretty much dependent on the location.

  2. #2
    4 Star General Steel Soldiers Vendor Suprman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Stratford/Connecticut
    Posts
    6,596
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 1,541 Posts

    Default

    I had a pallet picked up there regular freight. It’s a private storage yard.

  3. #3
    4 Star General Gunzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Roy, Utah
    Posts
    1,759
    Thanks
    240
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 513 Posts

    Default

    My Draper P/U was at the Utah NG HQ. Didn't have any issues and was pretty straight forward. Can't comment on any shops/mechanics is the area though. As far as I know you will need to contact GP for a pick up appointment.
    If you have more than one car in your drive way, your a car collector.
    '68 Shelby GT-500
    '75 Bricklin SV1
    '87 M985 HEMTT
    M101/116A3
    '02 M1082
    '14 Ford F150 Tremor (1 of 288 produced)

  4. #4
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzy View Post
    My Draper P/U was at the Utah NG HQ. Didn't have any issues and was pretty straight forward. Can't comment on any shops/mechanics is the area though. As far as I know you will need to contact GP for a pick up appointment.
    Thanks for the info! I believe I found the yard here, correct?

    Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 12.52.43 PM.jpg

    Speaking of HEMTT's I was going to ask if this was you, but the color's not right

    Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 12.57.31 PM.jpg

    Good to know on the POC/location for pickup. Are they pretty much interested in you showing up ready to haul it off, or is there any wiggle room for making any parts/fluids runs if needed to get it moving? I'd like to be as prepared as possible in advance.

  5. #5
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Finally got my cert, and looking into shipping. Got a few bids out, but figured I'd check to see if anyone had any trucking recommendations in this area?

  6. #6
    4 Star General Gunzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Roy, Utah
    Posts
    1,759
    Thanks
    240
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 513 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by themeec View Post
    Thanks for the info! I believe I found the yard here, correct?

    Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 12.52.43 PM.jpg

    Speaking of HEMTT's I was going to ask if this was you, but the color's not right

    Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 12.57.31 PM.jpg

    Good to know on the POC/location for pickup. Are they pretty much interested in you showing up ready to haul it off, or is there any wiggle room for making any parts/fluids runs if needed to get it moving? I'd like to be as prepared as possible in advance.
    That is the NG HQ in Draper. What are you getting from them? I am not sure on their allowance of work on items on site.
    If you have more than one car in your drive way, your a car collector.
    '68 Shelby GT-500
    '75 Bricklin SV1
    '87 M985 HEMTT
    M101/116A3
    '02 M1082
    '14 Ford F150 Tremor (1 of 288 produced)

  7. #7
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzy View Post
    That is the NG HQ in Draper. What are you getting from them? I am not sure on their allowance of work on items on site.
    I am in the process of getting an M1078 out of that yard. As far as any attempts to get it moving under its own steam, there's no chance. They just want you to show up ready to drag it away, and get it out of their hair. On a side note, know of any wreckers that could help me get this thing on a step bed? In process of tracking one down currently.

  8. #8
    4 Star General Gunzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Roy, Utah
    Posts
    1,759
    Thanks
    240
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 513 Posts

    Default

    The one wrecker I new of in the area isn't a wrecker anymore. You may look up wrecker co. in Draper. I would be a medium duty could load it once the brakes were caged.
    If you have more than one car in your drive way, your a car collector.
    '68 Shelby GT-500
    '75 Bricklin SV1
    '87 M985 HEMTT
    M101/116A3
    '02 M1082
    '14 Ford F150 Tremor (1 of 288 produced)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •