• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One of two batteries dead - CUCV 2

mmacdonald808

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I picked up a 1999 CUCV-2 V8 Gas 2 door Tahoe a couple of months ago. Its been working fine for the two months with two brand new Optima red top batteries. This morning I went out to start it and the whole system is dead. No lights and no noise when trying to crank. I pulled both batteries and put them on my trickle charger. One is back up to 12.38V, while the other one is topping out at 6.5V. This vehicle only has one alternator. I can't figure out if something has gone bad in the charging system and it is only recharging one of the batteries? There's not much documentation on these CUCV-2's and I'm really at a loss for how to approach this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. Is your power converter working? It has fuses that can be blown and cause no charging of the second battery.

mmacdonald808

Pardon my ignorance on it, where is the power converter? I see the fuse box on the left side of the dash and the one under the hood close to the driver side firewall. The 24V gauge in the cab hasn’t worked since I bought it, not sure if that’s a symptom of a blown fuse?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks