• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starting and Shutting down a T34-85 - Need advice

Needle

I need to move the T-34 next week, and its been quite a while since I last drove it (by quite a while, I mean years).

Need some help/advice.

Starting:

1) Batteries are good and connected.
2) Main power switch on passenger side is engaged.
3) Pre-oiler is run.
4) Hand pumped pressure to fuel tank.
5) Foot brake is engaged.
6) Clutch is depressed.
7) Hand throttle set to about half

8) Can't get gear lever to shift out of second!

Do I start engine with clutch depressed, and hope I can then find a gear, or am I missing a step? (such as pulling levers to first stage to disengage differential clutches).

Also, if I get it out of gear, and engine runs via push button starter, how do I shut engine down? Is it just a case of pulling hand throttle all the way back, and engine will cut off by itself?

Time has played havoc with my memory, and I have too many other vehicles with a multitude of different start up and shut down procedures, that I may just be getting confused.

Thanks for any hep and/or guidance, since I want to do this as safely as possible before I attempt to put it on a lowboy next week.

Julian

Needle

Did you figure it out?
Yes. With engine off, pushed clutch in, and dragged tank backwards slowly, then dropped clutch, and it popped out of gear.
Use hand throttle when starting engine, and when setting idle. Pulling hand throttle all the way back shuts off engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks