• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gator has a bounce

Ras1

I need some other gator owner input. I have a bounce at full speed. It is more like a harmonic oscillation. I have new tires, my tires are at 6lbs on the front and 8lbs on rear. The bounce is not horrible, but I'm wondering this is normal for 6 wheels or if I need to start digging in to the issue.

Ty! Dave

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some Gator experience - Civvy @ Cemetery.

They seem to be sprung for off-road conditions more than on-road.
At full throttle across mowed turf grass you could feel the imperfections in the grading of the soil beneath the growth.
HOWEVER, on the cemetery's paved roads, at full throttle with only one or two people and no cargo all three of the Gators we had would indeed set themselves up with some harmonic porpoising. If you carried 100 or more pounds all the way in the back, the oscillations were dampened tremendously. It's kinda like a Deuce with an empty bed versus a ton+ of "schtuph" in the back. They quit bouncing with a load.

That's just my experience. Your results may vary.

Ras1

Thanks much. That was the type of response I was looking for. I will try some ballast. The harmonic bounce isn't bad; just making sure I don't have a hidden problem.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, they bounce. The only suspension in the rear is that which is provided by the level of tire inflation. Kind of like riding an old school "hard tail" chopper back in the day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks