• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Recovery Adventure

CNC2013

Hey guys, as promised here are some pics of the recovery. 36hrs total time and 21.5hrs if driving time. We had a few issues to deal with on the road but nothing we could fix with the tools and suggestions from you great guys that participated in the thread “Essential tools for a recovery”. Headlights kept blinking and then going dim and then off which scared the crap out of me a few times.... we found the floor switch to be faulty. A few persuasive kicks and stomps on it and we were solid. Our rear diff started leaking 10 hrs into this, it was the plate on top and I was prepared to re seal but we kept monitoring the oil level at every stop and we had plenty so we pushed on. 55-57 mph is where we were going but man the attention at truck stops was pretty cool. I’ll stop blabbing and post the pics. Thank you again to you guys and if you ever passing through ABQ and need help, give me a shout!!!

Last edited:

CNC2013

Thanks guys, now that i have the truck in front of me I'm sure I'll have more questions if I cannot figure it out from the TM's or thread search.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do yourself a favor and source the operator's tech manual. Wealth of info regarding the truck and its proper operation.

Another Ahab

The "fisheye" blindside mirror is a nice item.

I never have figured out why ALL automotive mirrors don't have the feature built-in.

Did you add it, or did it come with the rig?

AA.jpg

Last edited:

Nomadic

Nice truck.That is a long drive, sounds like it is pretty reliable (other than a light switch). What are your plans with it now?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks