• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802 screw size & location

Guyfang

Staff member
Of course. That's one of the bits of information shown to you by the -24P rmanual. If it were me, I would make me a list of fasteners, list the part number/NSN, with sizes. Then turn to the figure showing the part of the gen set you are working on. Look for the item number of the fasteners you want to replace. Follow across to the right side of the TM, and there will be two numbers. The first is how many fasteners are required for this figure. The second is how many fasteners required in the entire gen set.

mcii

In adding or converting these sets to AUTO START I found it easier to remove the top cover/s and give myself some room to work, best I recall all the screws are 10/32 hex head no slot, seems like 2 lengths for the large part, mark your spots where you have a keeper nut, save yourself the effort of trying to fit a nut onto the bolt. The corners and lap joints will typically take the longer bolts because your going thru 3 pieces of panels/covers. There is a logic they use where washers are used and not used, then it gets worse, sometimes the washer will stick to the cover or bolt, you can generally see the paint pattern, use some drift pins or taper punches to help keep everything aligned and set the torque a few places to keep the alignment, then go around and tighten all of them, if you do this again and you just want to be anal about exactly where what comes from get you a piece of cardboard and nail or ice pick and when you remove a bolt put it in a matching location on your cardboard template then it pretty near is screw up proof..
good luck, others will have more improved methods, whatever works best for you is the solution you want.. mac/mc

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks