• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire and Wheel question

Olly

Just wondering if the 14.00R20s would fit on the stock M818 11.00R20 wheel? Because the recommended wheel width for the 11.00R20 tire is 8 inches and the 14.00R20 is 10 inches would it be that much of an issue?
Thanks

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
They will work. They wont like it but they will work with the tube anyway. You risk a bead blowout if loaded heavy

Olly

Thanks for the quick response
The reason why I was asking was because I saw the dually mrap wheels for a good price and I noticed that they're normally 8 inches wide but normally they have the 12.00R20 on the rear and I don't really want to go smaller than a 49. I also noticed there's a different set of mrap wheels that are aluminum that have the budd bolt pattern and will fit 10" wide like the 49's and 53's its just they were a lot more expensive for a wheel. But if the 8 inch wide wheels will be taking a gamble I'd rather just spend the money on the wider wheels now and just not have to worry. Sometimes a deal isn't exactly a deal but thanks for the heads up.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The dually MRAP wheel require beveling in order to make them work or changing out the studs to hub pilot type The caiman mrap wheels are more desirable due to that fact they are a budd pattern. they were based off the FMTV type axles/hubs.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Also be careful looking at MRAP wheels, some have bolt patterns completely incompatible with the 5 tons. They however can be used on a 2.5T with adapter plates, so that's the one upside to those.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks