• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 802A stalling

cdpea

Thanks everyone in advance for their advice on my new 802A purchase. Im a greenie to the forum and recently purchased an 802A with 300 hrs on it. I finally got it running.....sort of. In order to get it up and running I had to clean the injector pumps and replace the ignition diode and alternator fuse. It runs nice for about three minutes and then it stalls out. It won't start right away but if I wait fifteen minutes it will start and run for about three minutes. I've checked everything I can think of and can't see anything obvious. No faults either. It seems like it runs out of fuel, but that doesn't make sense. I'm hoping the experts on the forum can give me a couple of troubleshooting tips or maybe someone has had a similar issue.

Thanks
chris

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SS Chris. Are you getting any fault lights when it shuts down? Is it a stuttering/shuttering shutdown, or does it sound like a regular engine shutdown?

Have you gone through the fuel tank, to ensure there are no floating obstructions? Somtimes trash in the tank blocks the fuel outlet, and then causes a stall situation... and when the machine stalls, the crap settles back down and rinses and repeats.

Please describe the problem in a bit greater detail, and lets see if we can get you going. Have you also felt the main fuel pump to see if its getting very warm? There are some other tests which can be done to narrow some things down, but lets go slow.

Have you downloaded the TMs for this set yet?

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, fuel cap is a possibility. As is fuel lines that are deteriorated and pinching closed under use. Failing fuel pump, contents of the water fuel separator, etc.

PoP PoP

You said NO fault codes. Press the fault code test button to check that they are working. Can you describe or video it stalling. A short video of it stalling would be helpful and be the quickest way to get better guidance. Video from about 5 feet and include front panel as well as the exhaust. And as always give us closure. Maybe I am just nosy, but I want to learn also.

cdpea

Got it! I started workin from the injectors back and noticed right after it would stall there was very little fuel coming out of the injector pumps. I worked backward and decided to pull the fuel return line off the tank to see how well the flow was. I noticed a lot of bubbles mixed in with the fuel. With that, I came to the conclusion that the fuel system was sucking air in prior to the pump. I tightened all the fittings and it works. Thanks for all, the feedback.

chris

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks