• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Time to stock up on filters

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tariffs have been causing filter prices to go up and up. Just got a notification from Fleet Filter:

"[FONT=&quot]From Thursday to Sunday - we are having a...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4th of July FILTER SALE !![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You don't need a coupon code - the discounts are automatic![/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]All orders up to $200 will receive a [/FONT][FONT=&quot]15% [/FONT][FONT=&quot]discount[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]All orders over $200 will receive a [/FONT][FONT=&quot]25% [/FONT][FONT=&quot]discount[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We always have amazing low prices, so filter sales are not common, but we've had a great year and would like to say...

"Thank You" to all our customers. So...Thank you!"[/FONT]

Zed254

Compare to Rockauto for small orders before you buy. I bought 4 each Wix 51374 oil filters from Rockauto yesterday for $26.77 (includes VA sales tax). Same order from Fleet shows as $31.64 today. Difference is cost of shipping: RA 5.99 vs FF 13.99. I suspect the sweet spot for FleetFilter will be an order of around $75-$100 or so. Just need to compare.......

Chainbreaker

Thanks for the heads up LITD!

I just ordered the following filters from RockAuto for MEP-002a/003a to even out my filter stock so I'm stocked for a while for 3 gensets. Shipping was $7.99 until I ordered some of the filters that had to come from a different warehouse causing another $7.99 shipping charge to kick in. So I added in 3 of the big air filters and the shipping remained at $15.98.

MEP-002/003a Oil, Fuel, Air equivalent to OEM filter #'s spec'd

Copied from RockAuto ck out for comparison purposes:

WIX 51004 Oil Filter $ 7.63 X 9 $ 68.67
WIX 33113 Fuel Filter $ 6.22 X 4 $ 24.88
WIX 42222 Air Filter $ 17.55 X 3 $ 52.65
Shipping Ground $ 15.98
Order Total** $ 162.18

** No Oregon Sales Tax

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks