• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drive axle alignment issues

YBC Offroad

Hey all, just noticed walking past my m925a2 the other day and the rear tires are not in alignment. Like either the front drive is shifted to the right or the rear drive is shifted to the left. It's off by like over an inch for sure. What gives? What should I check? The rear most right side drive tire seems to be wearing a lot more than the rest as well...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If you can post a picture that would be helpful. The axles can pigeon toe where one side tucks in and what not while turning and does allow shifting while offroad

You can check the length of the torque rods to ensure they are all the same and some idiot didnt put a 1 inch shorter rod off a trailer on it.

If they are the same then check for play of the torque rod ends. They can have play and cause shifting or make sure one isnt completely ripped off and hanging on a safety bar someone welded onto the torque rod insert. The procedure for checking the torque rod allowable play is in the TMs

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Examine the slipper ends where the springs are captured by the axles, and you will see that there is about 1/2" of side to side play. This clearance is what you are seeing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks