• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

generator cable

W7DMS

found a couple of CX7453A/U cables, on RC435U reels. for the PU-618/620 power units.
what other generator units use this cable?

Scrounger

The closest thing I could find out is that the cable is listed for use with the Repeater Set, Radio AN/ TRC(V) NSN 5820-00-868-8208. TM 11-5820-535-24&P

As listed for use with the two generators PU-618/620 which are 5 KW units.
The plug on the end of the cable is listed as part number U-237 B/G with NSN 5935-00-134-5266.
If you can find out what other generators use that plug and I would suspect nothing over 5KW, should work.

s-l1600.jpg

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The U237 can also be found on many variants of the s-250 and s-280 shelters...... I have several to bring power into my shelters.......

Z

Guyfang

Staff member
The closest thing I could find out is that the cable is listed for use with the Repeater Set, Radio AN/ TRC(V) NSN 5820-00-868-8208. TM 11-5820-535-24&P
As listed for use with the two generators PU-618/620 which are 5 KW units.
The plug on the end of the cable is listed as part number U-237 B/G with NSN 5935-00-134-5266.
If you can find out what other generators use that plug and I would suspect nothing over 5KW, should work.

From ZiggyO The U237 can also be found on many variants of the s-250 and s-280 shelters...... I have several to bring power into my shelters.......

Well, I drug out one of the oldest TM's in the power generation world, TM 5-6115-365-15. This is the Grand Daddy of the PU and PP world. Print date of 1966, and was updated/changed 11 times. Looked up the PU 618, (PDF reader pages 87-124). Then looked at some of the other PU's and PP's. Cables, would not, and have never been listed as additional items for small PU's and PP's. Then I sat and thought about it a while longer. I remember us getting a new PU 619, (same as the PU 618, just with 10 KW gen sets) back in 73-74. It came with all the things listed in the TM, but there was no cable, cable reels or pig tails for the COMMO rigs we had. Those items were listed in the TM's for the COMMO rigs, or in the S-250 TM's. As additional Items. This was a very common cable, in the commo world. Fit lots of stuff, like Ziggo mentioned. It was confined to 10 KW and below. Having run about 10,000 of this cable out, and reeled it, (cable reel RL-31?) back in on maneuvers and training, I have to say it was a very robust cable. The heads were prone to the plastic chipping/breaking, but were easy to fix. In the late 80's when the Army was trashing lots of stuff, mega miles of this cable wound up in DRMO, scrap cable heap. I don't think I uploaded the TM 5-6115-365-15 in the Forum. If anyone has interest in it, let me know. I will post it.

mcii

Wow have not seen these since I guess the early 80s on radio sets, but the cool but confusing part, the ones I saw were unisex and pardon the pun but could go both ways and the user didn't have a typical male and female ends, rather the user just rolled the cable out and didn't concern rather or if he had the right end going or finishing the run, but I would not waste my time looking or trying to match or find more of these, but that's me.. good luck.. mac/mc

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks