• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Missing Fuse Panel - Replacement possible?

AKAustria

Happy 4th of July Weekend everybody!

I have a 1083A1 with a Cat 3126, year 2000.
It was originally thought to be a parts truck, but circumstances have changed :sad:

It is missing the entire fuse/circuit panel, which was basically ripped out, wires cut.

I believe I have come across a post at some point, but searching hasn‘t gotten me any results.

Given that all the wires are white, with what seems to be no markings on the individual wires, is it possible to wire a new panel?
Are there SS members who sell them?

Has someone done a more thorough rebuild on the entire cab, other than the few commercial resellers around.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
So the blue plug goes into the trans computer. I can see it upper left of the pic. I don’t see any cut wires in the pic. Maybe I am missing them. The white plugs go to the bottom of the power panel. The black wires are your 12 24 and ground. I hope there are no batteries in your truck right now. If so you should take them out.

Ronmar

I only see one cut cable end, black, top center of the second pic. looks mostly plug and play to me on this side and way easier than the reconstruction another gentleman has undertaken just recently. Looks like another PDP circuit board will get you mostly there. Is the dash side OK?

AKAustria

I only see one cut cable end, black, top center of the second pic. looks mostly plug and play to me on this side and way easier than the reconstruction another gentleman has undertaken just recently. Looks like another PDP circuit board will get you mostly there. Is the dash side OK?
Yes, the dashboard is mostly ok, a few missing gauges but nothing what would keep me from trying to start it.
So PDP circuit board is the proper terminology? Good to know.
Thank you!!!

AKAustria

So the blue plug goes into the trans computer. I can see it upper left of the pic. I don’t see any cut wires in the pic. Maybe I am missing them. The white plugs go to the bottom of the power panel. The black wires are your 12 24 and ground. I hope there are no batteries in your truck right now. If so you should take them out.
I thought that there were a few white wires cut when I sat down writing the post. If the black is as simple as battery ground, that‘s really good news!
There are NO batteries in it, correct!
My question now - How available are those panels and of course, how expensive!?

I will send you a PM and inquire with you direct.

Thank you,

Andy

DREDnot

My question now - How available are those panels and of course, how expensive!?
Make sure you know exactly which panel you need. There are a few different ones over the years. Im working on an M1078A0. Its PDP is different from the A1 and they are different from the one I think you need. The guy that owns the truck I'm working on had a tub full of ebay purchased spares that were about half correct parts and half incorrect later versions.

123_1(1).jpg

DSCN9947.jpg
This is my early(A0) PDP. You don't want this hardwired style. Yours should need the plug in style with what look like relay packs...I believe...

Study the parts TM and they sometimes give you multiple part numbers for a part depending on year/revision.

Last edited:

DREDnot

Given that all the wires are white, with what seems to be no markings on the individual wires, is it possible to wire a new panel?
Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
If you look closer at the ends of all the wires, you will see small black lettering that gives you the place it originates from and where it goes. And the connectors have metal bands with a unique code stamped in. They all correspond with the wiring diagram. It took me a week or so to figure out how to interpret the system to trace wiring.

DSCN9816.jpg

DSCN9604.jpg

DSCN9967.jpg

DSCN9968.jpg

DSCN9970.jpg

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
His is the printed circuit board style. 3126 trucks only used one style board. His trans control is wtec3. The computer is visible in the pic. I think the 3126 only had wtec3 anyways.

AKAustria

INTERESTING!
Last year I posted a question about this very problem. I tried to identify the numbers stamped on the wires to make sure I would be able to connect things.
The post had taken off for some time but nothing really came out of it for certain.
Is there any chance you might have documentation which I could reliably use for my 1083A1, year 2000!?

Thank you for the pictures, the are most certainly very helpful!
View attachment 770316

View attachment 770320

View attachment 770318

View attachment 770319

View attachment 770321[/QUOTE]

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I think the plugs will be straight forward. The 3 black wires are 12 24 and ground. You can use a multimeter to identify them. They can be extended if they are cut too short.

DREDnot

Is there any chance you might have documentation which I could reliably use for my 1083A1, year 2000!?
All I have is the PDF downloads of all the TMs I found here on SS. The system is designed to be somewhat "soldier-proof" and once you have the correct panel, you should be able to match plugs by their banded number...like J33X plugs into P33X. If you can find the PDFs for the M1078A1, that should be the same as the M1083A1

Based on Suprman"s testimony,

His is the printed circuit board style. 3126 trucks only used one style board
You should be looking for this style I saw on the bay...

PC style.jpg

PC style1.jpg

PC style2.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks