Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MEP 803a Battery Drain

Private
    Thanks

LITD, Mine usually runs at like 85% sometimes 90%. When I loaded it with the dryer too on high it went to 110%, Yikes. I know they can handle I think 125% in short bursts. So I never really hit 100%, that's why I can't understand why the other guys were trying to sell me such a big unit.

Sgt. I need your Fiber Optic set up out here lol, we have satellite and that's ok but kind of expensive and the throttling of speed when you go over data pisses me off. I'm trying to get a Fixed Wireless company to come out here.

Thanks again for the tips and info!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfrank For This Useful Post:

Guyfang (07-08-2019)

4 Star General Light in the Dark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,000 Times in 604 Posts

Well thats plenty fine then. We can all thank Generac's marketing dept. for folks thinking that they have to oversize these machines for their needs.

General
    Thanks

Is there any specific information on the Diode replacement to repair a bad alternator that anyone can point me towards? I have a bad one in my parts stash that I would like to repair to make it a good one. I'd like to read up on it... If not I'll just tear into it someday.

Private
    Thanks

Hello Ray,

I don't know if there's a way on the forum to reach out to folks in particular, but Guyfang has helped me and seems to know a lot about the electrical workings of these generators. I'm sure he could help you out.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,830 Times in 2,341 Posts

Ray, I ment to write yesterday. Long day of digging up fence posts. 6 feet of above the ground concrete post, and about 200 pounds clump of concrete below ground. I am way too old for this.

Its pretty straight forward after you take the end plate off. Not real hard to get at. Easy to check. Simple diode. I will look into my notes and see if I have the diode number.

The military considered the alternator a pluck and chuck item. In the old days, it would have been repaired at DS level.

Forgot to add, there is two different types of alternator. The -24P would has a parts breakdown.
    Last edited by Guyfang; 07-09-2019 at 04:20.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Guyfang For This Useful Post:

Ray70 (07-09-2019)

General
    Thanks

Thanks as always Guyfang! I will consult the manual as well....

Corporal
    Thanks

Well you are talking about Peter at Inovatech yes in Kansas, he does a super good job and I must say in all my business experience Peter is at the top of customer support well past the sale. I recently had a 3 phase transfer scheme remote gen set and several other variables tossed in, he knew I didn't use his auto start, but we has transfer issues one after another, none were Peter's problem, but my gosh he never blinked at helping me get it all solved and working, he was and did just never quit, went the extra mile all the way.
    I do know we now have another vendor on here now, and he has very good promise with what he has listed, and has a good reputation already visa a vie his new control board for thee MEP-831A Kurt Klopp is his name..
    Well anyhow I have wondered off the part to simplysay you did a good job and it looks good ..
    all the best: mac/mc

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcii For This Useful Post:

Guyfang (07-10-2019), Sgt Jiggins (07-10-2019)

MVPA
    24241L
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcii View Post
    I do know we now have another vendor on here now, and he has very good promise with what he has listed, and has a good reputation already visa a vie his new control board for thee MEP-831A Kurt Klopp is his name.
    I've done business with Kurt and agree - he's good to work with, fast to fulfill, and patient with questions. Good guy.

I'm surprised doghead hasn't popped up yet with a reminder to use the feedback system to promote this guy. I've done so already- if you've done business with him and haven't yet, please update his feedback accordingly.

Thanks!
    SJ/JD

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sgt Jiggins For This Useful Post:

Guyfang (07-10-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2