• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Square o-ring for an oil filter? MEP-003

Ray70

After sending the dimensions the other day I decided I might as well make up a couple more adapters and I noticed a mistake on the dimensions as well as an area for improvement.
The remaining wall that seals the adapter to the block should be .080" wide, not .100" , this in turn increases the ID of the recessed area from 4.300" to 4.340"
Also, the .280" deep recess on the face side will work, but there is very little clearance between the hex on the hydraulic adapter and the thread on the oil filter. Therefore I suggest increasing that to .300", which will also give you a little more thread engagement into the block.

IMG_0597.jpg

gishooter

Thought I'd give everyone an update. The spin on filter conversion is done and has been working well. Only issue was the cheap fittings from the distributor. Very undersize on the pitch diameter. Wound up machining a mounting bolt and using one of the fittings to machine a jam nut out of it. Zero issues with the NAPA 5108 square o-rings. fit perfect.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks