• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTVR 7 ton. Who bought one?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
People who are going to be really mad when they can't get parts for them at Napa!

I know a few have been exported as I saw the broker listings to go to the port in Charleston.

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stupid questions, but I'll ask anyway...why is the military selling these?? Do they have a surplus or have plans to go bigger??

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
They are just being surplus than rather being rebuilt or even up armored. The 7 and 9 ton MTVR trucks have a extended service life of 2024 thru 2042. They are still being built by oshkosh

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I spoke to a guy who won one at one of the first few auctions. Sold him a couple parts. His euc hadn’t cleared yet though and he was into his 3rd month waiting.

Gunzy

I didn't get one but I did end up with 6 wheels with CTIS. They'll probably become fire pits as I can't find any use for them.

sandcobra164

There will be a member on here soon who gets one, not me though. I think Simp summed up my reason. M923A0 is about as far forward in the hobby as I want to go. Purely mechanical systems and zero electronics to keep it running. Don't mistake my logic, I love the newer trucks while someone else is footing the bill to maintain them.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Madams I have sure been looking at these and a few of them sure look good, along with a few that didnt look so good, when I am ready I will be looking a lot harder at them. In watching the auctions it looks like they are going in the 19 to 22k range and they seem to be in the 3 to 5K mile range, I think they look pretty darned cool!

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got one. I will be flying to CA to pick mine up next week. I plan to drive it from Yermo, CA to SLC, UT. It has no A/C so it will be HOT!!

Karl, I was raised in Fargo ND. Over by the airport on 9 1/2 street. I am glad to get out of the winters there.

MAdams

You're braver than I am. I bought one but my drive home is only 90 miles and I'm being followed by a 5 ton just in case. I'm still nervous because a landoll tow home is $1000

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks