• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 NP208 4LO issue

hotcorner216

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone had any input for the issue Im having with my M1009.

I swapped in a 4L80E and mated it to the original NP208 that was rebuilt and working fine the last 3 years. I also swapped in tons with 4.10 gears on 35's. My truck used to just about crawl in 4LO up or down anything when stock(still had 35s and a lift but stock driveline with 3.08 gears) , now its like 4LO is the same as 4HI even in first gear, I dont get the "whine" I used to if I was picking up speed and I need momentum to get over obstacles. I feel 4LO engage and I have 4HI and N working on the T-case, I jacked up the rear to confirm I have 4WD but, not the 4LO I had, mind you TH400 and 4L80 have the same first gear.

Anyone have this problem? where should I Start.

No grinding or noise when locked into any gear on the T-case properly.

Thank You!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks