• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Correct paint color for Vietnam Ear Arty

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SS member "private wrench" just had some mixed up for his '73 M35 project. Pretty sure Home Depot mixed it up. Looks good, send him a pm, he'll get you the info. Tell him JC sent you.

SgtMajHarper

For many years, U.S. Marine Corps vehicles have been painted Marine Corps Green, also known as Marine Corps Green
. The "Number 23" is derived from the Navy's Bureau of Yards and Docks' list of colors. Officially there is no exact equivalent of Marine Corps Green in civilian Federal Standard 595, unlike the colors of the Army and Air Force. Close approximations are gloss 14052, semi-gloss 24052, lusterless 34052. Or if you just have to insist on US Army colors go with the OD of your choice. The Army guns I saw were flat OD. I think everyone named their gun and painted it on the tube in mostly non-tactical colors. (sorry for the dark fonts......gremilns)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks