• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gauges work, then quit.

Gmms

Hi guys. On my 5 ton dump Cummings engine ever since I have owned it about 2 years now all the gauges work for the first minute then all the electric gauges stop registering. it happens consistantly one min after start up, volt meter drops to 0, fuel goes to empty, temp to 0 etc. I had assumed it had to do with the bad alternator I had, but I just put in a brand new alt. not original but the guys at the shop said it was equivalent and the issue persists, Any thoughts? I dont know much about the wiring on these rigs, so if you know of a relay or something I should check a location would be helpful :grin:.

Thanks for any help!

Lucas

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Power control box. All gauge power comes from it. I have rebuilt boxes available in the parts classifieds

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, like Simp states, the PCB. Give it a percussion adjustment, but that will be temporary fix. Get a spare and rebuild your original. Easy pesy....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks