• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep 004a no fault lights working plus more

Guyfang

Staff member
If I remember right, A is to the right of the key slot, when you look at the plug. B is right next to it. Now I haven't look at one since maybe 2007, but think that's right. G&H should be clockwise from A, the 7th and eighth?

You can also look into the S9 plug, on the switch. It might be easier to read the letters.

Guyfang

Staff member
If that doesn't get it started, Go to S7-9, wire number P47B. Test for VDC in the start mode on pin 9 to ground, Got power?
If so, then you should have power at J37-A. That wire goes from the S7- through some plugs to J37A.

KLChurch

Jumped the connector A& B plus G&H.
Put it in run and no pumps.
Battle on pumps running until it slowed down.
Battle off
Start mode and cranked for 20 secs, no start.
Kris

Last edited:

KLChurch

Tested two ways with S7 pin 9, jumpers still installed and then connector with jumpers uninstalled with connector installed.

both tests had no 24 VDC. This was in the start mode and battle off.
Kris

Guyfang

Staff member
Jumped the connector A& B plus G&H.
Put it in run and no pumps.

Don't forget, if the FL-2, (day tank float, tells the gen set its full, the pumps will not come on.
Battle on pumps running until it slowed down.
Battle off
Start mode and cranked for 20 secs, no start.

20 sec is not long, You can try it several times. Kris

Guyfang

Staff member
Do I take the jumpers off before I test S7?

I am sorry. I meant S2-9. It was late and I was looking at the schematic too long. No leave the jumpers in.

From S2-9, VDC goes straight to the S9-3, pins G&H. We know that Pins A&B are getting VDC, because the starter turns the engine. So have someone try and start the set, while you measure from ground to the jumper between pins G&H. This is a straight shot deal. Nothing to get shut this VDC off. If You are not getting VDC, then only something with wire, or C-Plug can be wrong.

Last edited:

KLChurch

Ok
So I guess even though the battle will run the pumps for a long period of time in slow motion the pumps will not run when the day tank is full but the battle will still make the pumps work even though the day tank is full?
Will test S2-9 now

Guyfang

Staff member
Ok
So I guess even though the battle will run the pumps for a long period of time in slow motion the pumps will not run when the day tank is full but the battle will still make the pumps work even though the day tank is full?

The S7 forces the pumps to run, regardless of fuel level in the day tank. FL-2, (day tank float) should tell the L2. (day tank fuel cut off solenoid) to close. Then no fuel should get to the tank. But the pumps will still run, just slower, because the L2 is turned off.
Will test S2-9 now

KLChurch

ok I have already jumped the connector again. just need to find the S2-9 wire and terminal.
So I will check for 24 VDC first and then start?
be back shortly
kris

Guyfang

Staff member
Yes. Have someone start it, and test at S2-9. Got VDC?, Good. Then have someone try and start it again, while you test at the G&H jumper. Got VDC?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks