• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep 004a no fault lights working plus more

Guyfang

Staff member
Could not find a P47B on S2. found a P47A.
Kris
P47A goes to terminal 5. It should be hot. When you put the S2 in the start position, the S2-5 makes contact with S2-6, wire P45B. Thats the terminal you want, not S2-9. The schematic shows the numbers upside down, or so faded you cant read them! I am beginning to hate this crap. Way to many mistakes!!

KLChurch

Bless you. But Murphy is starting to like you more than me. (Murphys Law)
I will be glad when he is my enemy.
Will test P45B
Thanks please persevere. Murphy does not like that
Kris

Last edited:

KLChurch

This is what I got testing G&H jumped and A& B jumped and black wire to ground
G&H With the stop mode and ground. continuity
Run command no 24VDC, didn't test for continuity.
Start command 24 VDC
Kris

KLChurch

The test to start the engine.
Run command no pumps with ab and gh jumped
battle command no pumps.
Start for 15 sec no engine start but cranked.
will try again and again until the batteries are dead again
Kris

KLChurch

Tried to start the engine at 20 sec run intervals. 7 times. The starter was getting hot so I quit.
This was with the jumped connector and no battle start. Need to recharge the batteries but they were running strong
Kris

KLChurch

I firmly believe if we can get VDC to the IP the engine will start. But I don't know how this wiring spaghetti gets there. Also the lift pumps needs to be working in the run mode

Kris

Guyfang

Staff member
I firmly believe if we can get VDC to the IP the engine will start. I agree 100%. But I don't know how this wiring spaghetti gets there. Also the lift pumps needs to be working in the run mode

Kris
OK. You got 24VDC at the G&H jumper in start. THAT'S GOOD! Now if the batteries are charged, I want you to test at the IP. Leave the jumpers in P37 C-Plug. Go to the IP, and remove wire P80N. Test VDC, nothing else. Not continuity or anything else, as VDC is what we are looking for. From ground to P80N. You test, someone else holds the S2 in the start mode. What do you get? 24 VDC?

KLChurch

IPtest.jpg
This is the IP fixen to be tested and the wire off.
Please look at the wire holding I guess the throttle.
Is this in the correct position?
Battery is still charging
Kris

Guyfang

Staff member
WP_20180319_17_49_27_Pro.jpg

Should look just like this one. Why is the wire there? well, there are three models of this gen set. The Utility, (yours) the Precise 60 hertz model, and the Precise 400 hertz model. Your model has no governor. The other two do. The Electric governor, controls the engine speed by telling an electric Actuator, (also not on your set) what speed to run the engine. The actuator is mounted above the IP, and the linkage is connected to the front, (The arm on yours wired forward)) IP control arm. BUT leave it as is. The

So, no worry Kris

Guyfang

Staff member
OK. now take out the jumpers, hook up the J37 and do the very same test. P80N to ground. If you get 24VDC, hook up the P80N to the IP. Then look to your left and up top to the last Injector line. Take a 7/8 wrench, (I think that's the size) and crack the line. Just loosen it a turn or 1.5 turns. Crank the engine over. Are you getting fuel out of the line? If so, it might start. If it will, run it a few seconds, then turn it off.

KLChurch

unjumped, and connector in place.
Start mode Got 24VDC at the IP wire disconnected
Put wire back in place.
Cracked the line going to the injector (Top Left)
cranked the engine several times
No Fuel
Kris

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks