• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep 004a no fault lights working plus more

Guyfang

Staff member
Take a wire, go from the other terminal, where wire number P55X is hooked to the IP. Connect the wire there, and connect the other end to a good ground. Try starting again.

Guyfang

Staff member
Disconnect the wire from the IP to ground, and try and start it. JUST TO PROVE ITS THE PROBLEM. If it dosn't start, disconnect wire P55X.
Unhook C-Plug P5 from the SP/relay box. Find pin S. Use a m-Meter, set for ohms.
Test for continuity between pin S and the other end of wire P55X. Got continuity?
Yes: then check from pin S on J5, (male side) wire P55T to a ground stud in the relay box. Should be about 16 wires on it. Once again, ohm it out.
No: Then the wire from the J5 to the IP is bad, Broken, loose, what ever.

KLChurch

No I have not replaced the lights yet but I will try to buy them tomorrow.
Also there is one of the panel lights out.
I can change out the unimportant lights to the important lights in the mean time if you can tell me.
Only two lights are burned out.
Kris

Guyfang

Staff member
OK, if you use the bulbs so the over speed light and reverse power light sockets are empty, but the rest good, that's good enough for today. Lets find the fault first.

Guyfang

Staff member
OK, If you find the fault and can fix it, do so. Then start that bad boy up!! Remember, hold S2 up until the volts and hertz meter come up. Then let S2 go. If the volts and hertz do not come up, after 5-10 seconds, let S2 go. If it stays running, let her rip for 1-1.5 hour. Charges the battery and we can see if the fuel replenishment system works.

If you cant fix or find out whats wrong, put the jumper back on between P55X on the IP and ground. Then follow the above suggestions.

BUT, only run it long with the fault indicator in and working. That way, we can see the faults if something shuts it off. If it runs, in any way, look at the battery charging meter. Does it go up into the green and then slowly come down to almost zero? That's good. If it stays in the read, that's not good and will run the battery's down. So don't run it long. How is the coolant temp? should be about 180.

Drinking a shot of my schnapps. I just brought a load back from the distillery today, 2019 cherry. 18 liters. Have to put it up 5 years before I try it. Tonight's is from 2014. Not too shabby if I say so myself!

Well, Kris, ya done good! Write something so I can look in the morning. Some strange lady with a Baseball bat is telling me she is going to put me in bed. So got to run. HOT DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got that puppy running!!

KLChurch

Ok
But I don't know where P5 is at so I will have to take the SP box out and find it because it is marked inside the box.
Then start trouble shooting. My assistant has the wrench to take off connectors so I'm screwed for tonight.
Kris

KLChurch

Update:
Found the ground wire problem.
The wire going to J5 what looks like it was cut in two. It was under three zip ties so impossible to see unless you cut off the zip ties, which I did.
So I will put a wire connector on the wire and retest continuity first and then try to start the gen.
This worries me. My first suspicion is the wire was cut on purpose. But very hard to do with the zip tie in the way.
Kris

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks