• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pintle extension mounting plates

AOR

I am planning to install a pintle extension on my M998 soon. I am hoping that someone can give me specifications on the dimensions and thickness of the plates. I did some looking around and what I found online only shows one dimension and it shows them being 5/8” thick but I do not think this is accurate based on the bolts being 5.75" long would not have enough threads to get the nuts on all the way. This is unless the pintle extension was intended to be used without the reinforcement plate for the higher towing capacity.
I am somewhat of a purist and trying to make everything as correct as possible since I have not been able to locate those plates and they look easy to make. Here is the part number from the manual - Qty 2 plate mounting 5340014077192 12342665
thank you

here is what I found online including a link to another forum with the exploded parts view #17 are the parts I am referring to
I hope I am not in any violations I was not able to figure out how to save the image and post it

Technical Data | NSN 5340-01-407-7192

CharacteristicSpecifications
MATERIALSTEEL
MATERIAL DOCUMENT AND CLASSIFICATIONASTM A569 ASSN STD SINGLE MATERIAL RESPONSE
SHAPESQUARE
LENGTH5.250 INCHES NOMINAL
THICKNESS0.625 INCHES NOMINAL

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks